Registration is now open!
Registration is now open for the 2013 online SRV Journal conference! Please email journalATsrvip.org to register. Once registered, a link to the site and registration information will be emailed to you.
Please join us for our first annual SRV Journal online conference starting in September of 2013. The event will be entirely online and will be based on submitted papers (e.g., there will not be any recorded talks or presentations). The conference will essentially consist of reading, and written discussion, of others’ papers.
Thanks to Edvance360 for hosting the online conference site, and for their excellent support.
Basic conference timeline:
• register by September 13
• submit papers by October 18
• read and comment on papers through November 29
• OPTIONAL submit revised paper to The SRV Journal for consideration of publication: by January 1, 2014
We invite people from many different backgrounds, countries and ranges of experience with SRV to participate. We want to receive submissions from those teaching SRV and those just learning about SRV, from those working or volunteering in human services and those who have a family member or friend receiving services. We specifically want to encourage university students who are studying SRV to participate. For those of you who are professors including aspects of SRV in your teaching, we ask you to consider participating, and also to include student participation in the conference in your syllabus and/or as an ‘extra credit’ option.
Possible paper topic categories include:
- SRV and PASSING teaching and training
- learning and studying SRV and PASSING in different contexts and with various options (e.g., workshops, university, texts, writing, study groups, online, etc.
- applying SRV ideas in various service contexts (paid and unpaid, formal and informal) and service fields
- SRV themes
- PASSING ratings
- SRV theory (e.g., new research, critique, etc.)
- SRV examples, vignettes
- societal devaluation and wounding
- links between societally valued roles and access to ‘the good things of life’
- image and competency enhancement
- reviews of books, articles, movies
- and so on
In: Uncategorized · Tagged with: Social Role Valorization, social roles, SRV, SRV conference, SRV Journal