How to Function Morally, Coherently & Adaptively In a World that is Disfunctional, Including its Human Services
The Implementation Project
The Syracuse University Training Institute for Human Service Planning, Leadership and Change Agentry
The Moral Coherency Study Group
are pleased to announce a 7 day workshop:
“How to Function Morally, Coherently & Adaptively In a World that is Disfunctional, Including its Human Services”
DATE- Monday the 3rd through to Sunday the 9th of July, 2017
Each day begins promptly at 8:00am; the first 6 days include evening sessions. The workshop ends at 4.30pm on the seventh day.
VENUE- Macquarie University, Herring Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
The Training Institute developed this workshop to equip people with a special combination of worldviews, preparation, support considerations & strategies needed to function with high moral ideals, with integrity intact, & even with effectiveness in the world generally & in human services that are full of imperfections & never-ending problems.
Some assumptions underlying the content of the workshop include:
- there are powerful dynamics of disfunctionality in the world
- these dynamics endlessly express themselves in derivative disfunctionalities in society, as well as inhuman service approaches, systems & structures
- it is imperative that people who want to function with greater moral coherency become aware of these dynamics
- once one is aware of these dynamics, one is in a position to respond & act much more adaptively in the world
- there exists an array of adaptive strategies for living with these realitiesThe workshop explains the great depth and universality of problems in the world, in society, & in human services. Many of these problems are intractable, & therefore need to be confronted in order to cope with them. The workshop orients participants to craft their moral identity, & offers strategies & encouragement to live adaptively & with coherency amidst the disfunctionality.
This workshop is not intended to provide participants with specific solutions to specific problems. Instead, participants will learn an array of universally applicable strategies that can be applied to whatever situations confront them & participants will be pointed toward further study & progress in these various strategies. Many resources will be distributed.
The format of the workshop is physically & intellectually demanding. It is conducted in lecture-style, with a series of presentations given in a logical sequence of topics. Following each presentation there is opportunity for participant comment & general discussion. Some opportunities for private reflection on the material & for informal discussion are provided at the end of each of the first six days to assist participants to deal with the challenging nature of much of the material. Further information on the workshop format will be sent prior to the workshop.
What past workshop participants say
“This is a brilliant workshop: suffused with deep insight and incisive analysis. It addresses many issues that confront us, in our professional as well as personal lives”
“Without a doubt the most thought provoking workshop I have attended”
“A journey of self discovery that challenged the way I see the world. This workshop
raised my consciousness to the underlying ideas that cause dysfunction in human
services and how I can redirect my own interactions to forge a positive way forward”
COST: Options (All prices are Inclusive of GST and in Australian dollars)
$1595-Accommodation for seven nights for single room with ensuite, all meals, workshop tuition and
$1155-Workshop tuition, workshop material and all meals (participants are expected to be onsite and
ready for workshop by 7.45am each morning, & evenings sessions are also a part of this
To register go to the link Moral Coherency Workshop 2017 OR
visit website: moralcoherency.com
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Due to the nature of this international event we have had to develop a strict cancellation policy:
– Cancellation on or before 5 May 2017 – 100% refund
– Cancellation between 6 May 2017 and 19 May 2017 – 50% refund
– Cancellation from 20 May 2017 – No refund (substitute participants can attend)
In: Uncategorized · Tagged with: moral coherency, workshop announcement